GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP FOR JAPANESE WOMEN
TO STUDY ABROAD (SA)
Two Scholarships, ¥3.0 Million each
- Applicants must be women who are nationals or special permanent residents of Japan, living in Japan from the time of application until March 31, 2018.
Individuals currently studying or living abroad are ineligible. We therefore regret that we are unable to accept any applications from outside Japan.
- Applicants must have graduated with a degree from a Japanese university (4-year course) by June 30, 2018.
- Applicants must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score from a test taken after October 1, 2015. Scores submitted separately from or after the application will not be accepted.
– Applicants pursuing a graduate degree in the natural sciences, math, medicine or engineering must have a score of at least 570 (IBT 88).
– Applicants pursuing a degree in any other field must have a score of at least 600 (IBT 98).
– Applicants pursuing a graduate degree in the natural sciences, math, medicine or engineering must have a score of at least 6.5.
– Applicants pursuing a degree in any other field must have a score of at least 7.0.
- Applicants must be accepted in a graduate degree program at an accredited, English speaking university or research institution abroad by March 31, 2018 for the 2018-2019 academic year.
The following are ineligible:
- Applicants who have studied abroad at the college level in an English-speaking institution for more than a total of two (2) academic years are ineligible.
- Holders of scholarships greater than ¥2 million from other scholarship programs for the duration of the CWAJ scholarship are ineligible. Financial aid and awards from the university where the applicant will study may not be subject to the same limitation.
- Former recipients of CWAJ awards and CWAJ members are ineligible.
PERIOD OF ACCEPTANCE
Applications must be postmarked or received during the following period:
October 30 through November 8, 2017
Interviews and Selection
Interviews of the finalists will be held late January to mid-February in Tokyo. Interviews are usually conducted on weekends. You will be notified at least two weeks in advance if you have been selected for an interview. The interview will be conducted in English. Applicants will be notified of the results in writing.
CWAJ reserves the right to make its own selections and does not discuss its decisions.
Obtaining the Application
Application forms are available only from the CWAJ website. The forms are in PDF format. You need Adobe Reader to read and print the downloaded forms.
Submitting the Application
All applications must be written in English.
For more information about the scholarship program, please send your inquiry in English or Japanese to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
For more information about the scholarship program, please send your inquiry in English or Japanese to email@example.com