GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP FOR NON-JAPANESE WOMEN
TO STUDY IN JAPAN (NJG)
Three Scholarships, ¥2.0 Million each
2018 Scholarship applications closed.
Applications for 2018 Scholarships are now closed. The posted applications are for reference only. Applications for 2019 Scholarships will be uploaded in June 2018.
- Applicants must be women who are neither Japanese citizens nor special permanent residents of Japan. Applicants must be enrolled in a degree program with a graduate school of a Japanese university from April 2018 to March 2019.
- Applicants must be residing in Japan for study purposes at the time of application.
Individuals currently studying or living abroad are ineligible. We therefore regret that we are unable to accept applications from outside Japan.
- Submit an essay in both English and
The following are ineligible:
- Holders of scholarships greater than ¥1.5 million from other scholarship programs are ineligible. Financial aid and awards from the university where the applicant will study may not be subject to the same limitation.
- Former recipients of CWAJ awards and members of CWAJ are ineligible.
Period of Acceptance
Applications must be postmarked during the following period:
Monday, October 16th through Wednesday, October 25th, 2017
Interviews and Selection
Interviews of the finalists will be held during February in Tokyo. They are usually conducted on weekends. You will be notified at least two weeks in advance if you have been selected for an interview. The interviews will be conducted in both English and Japanese. Applicants will be notified of the results in writing.
CWAJ reserves the right to make its own selections and does not discuss its decisions.
Obtaining the Application
Application forms are available only from the CWAJ website. The forms are in PDF format. You need Adobe Reader to read and print the downloaded forms
Submitting the Application
All applications must be written in English, except for the essay, which must be written in both English and Japanese.
For more information about the scholarship program,
please send your inquiry in English or Japanese to email@example.com.
No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
For more information about the scholarship program, please send your inquiry in English or Japanese to firstname.lastname@example.org