SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED
TO STUDY IN JAPAN (SVI-SJ) 2018
Two Scholarships, ¥1.5 Million each
The SVI-SJ Program supports visually impaired Japanese nationals or special permanent residents of Japan for graduate study or undergraduate study in Japan.
- Applicants must be visually impaired women or men, with a Certificate of Disability Grade 1-6.
- Applicants must be Japanese nationals or special permanent residents of Japan, living in Japan at the time of application.
- Applicants for an undergraduate award must have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a Japanese university (four-year course) by the end of March 2018.
- Applicants for a graduate award must have graduated with a degree from a Japanese university (four-year course) by the end of March 2018, and must be accepted in a graduate degree program by March 31, 2018.
The following are ineligible:
- Holders of scholarships greater than ¥1.0 million from other scholarship programs for the duration of the CWAJ scholarship. Financial aid from the university where the applicant will study may not be subject to the same limitation.
- Former recipients of CWAJ awards and members of CWAJ.
PERIOD OF ACCEPTANCE
Applications must be postmarked on or between:
Monday, November 6 and Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Interviews and Selection
Interviews of the finalists will be held in Tokyo in February 2018. They are usually conducted on weekends. Candidates will be notified at least two weeks in advance if they have been selected for an interview. The interviews will be conducted in both English and Japanese. Applicants will be notified of the results in writing.
CWAJ reserves the right to make its own selections and does not discuss its decisions.
Obtaining the Application
Application forms are available on the Scholarship Japanese page.
Requests for SVI application forms will also be accepted by email. Email requests should be made to: email@example.com.
Requests for application forms will be accepted until Monday, November 6, 2017.
For more information about the scholarship program, please send your inquiry in English or Japanese to firstname.lastname@example.org . Telephone inquiries can also be arranged by sending an email request and phone number to email@example.com.
For more information about the scholarship program, please send your inquiry in English or Japanese to firstname.lastname@example.org