Overseas Membership is a membership category for those who have previously held regular CWAJ Membership but can no longer fulfill the residency requirement because they are living outside Japan. It is a wonderful way to maintain links with CWAJ members both in Japan and beyond and to help support the organization.
Privileges of Overseas Membership include:
- Eligibility to attend CWAJ programs when in Japan
- Eligibility and encouragement to participate in any volunteer activities when possible
- Access to the eNewsletter (password protected) and the CWAJ website
- Receipt of the annual CWAJ Directory and the opportunity to connect with Overseas Members in your country of residence
- Eligibility to return to regular membership should your residence ever again be in Japan (most important for Japanese members who are currently living abroad)
Our coordinators for Overseas Membership are Patty Collins and Jennie Orchard. Patty is a CWAJ Past President who facilitates dues payments ($US50/year), correspondence and information for individuals based in the US. Jennie is the coordinator for Overseas Members based in other parts of the world.
Patty and Jennie will be happy to provide more information, answer any questions and help you connect with this special group of CWAJ Members.
If you are able to suggest other former CWAJ members who might be interested in Overseas Membership, Patty or Jennie would love to hear from you.