General Incorporated Association College Women’s Association of Japan (hereafter “CWAJ”) sets forth the following personal information protection guidelines in order to appropriately handle and secure personal information.
1. Compliance with laws
CWAJ shall comply with the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information” (kojin joho no hogo ni kansuru houritsu; hereafter “Personal Information Protection Act”), other applicable laws and regulations, “Guidelines on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information” (kojin joho no hogo ni kansuru houritsu ni tsuite no guideline) and other national policies and guidelines, and shall handle personal information appropriately.
2. Purpose of use of private information
CWAJ shall use personal information only within the scope of the following purposes. Unless specifically admitted under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws, CWAJ will not use any personal information beyond the scope of such purposes without consent of the relevant individual.
CWAJ may use addresses, business locations, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other personal information to announce the following matters to the public or communicate the following matters to relevant parties, or share such personal information within CWAJ for such purposes:
1) CWAJ activities;
2) requests for volunteers for CWAJ activities;
3) sending of specific, detailed requests of volunteer activities of CWAJ;
4) handling of goods by CWAJ;
5) announcements of events held by CWAJ, its supporters or other organizations; and,
6) accepting and processing CWAJ scholarship applications; and,
7) other matters in association with the above operations.
3. Personal information safety measures
CWAJ shall properly and safely manage and handle personal information through sound organizational operation and proper education and training for members, and shall take necessary and appropriate security measures against personal information leakage, loss or damages, etc.
4. Release and disclosure of personal information to a third party
CWAJ shall comply with the Personal Information Protection Act and other applicable laws when releasing or disclosing personal information to a third party.
CWAJ will accept inquiries regarding personal information at the following location and Email address:
2-24-13-601, Kami-Osaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-0021
6. Notification, disclosure, correction, etc. of personal information, request for suspension of use of personal information
When CWAJ receives requests to correct, add, delete, suspend the use of or suspend provision to third parties of personal information, CWAJ will confirm the identity of the requesting party, and will respond to such request sincerely and promptly by complying with the Personal Information Protection Act.
Please note, however, that CWAJ may not respond to a request if the request does not satisfy the requirements under the Personal Information Protection Act, or if CWAJ is allowed to deny the request under the Personal Information Protection Act and other applicable laws.
7. Continuous improvement