The Non-Japanese Graduate Program was established in 1981 and supports graduate study in Japan for non-Japanese women who are enrolled in a degree program at a Japanese university.
Since then, females students from over 41 countries have benefited from the NJG Program.
Scholarships are based on candidates’ academic excellence, the quality and feasibility of their proposed study, and their potential to contribute to society, and does not impose restrictions on field of study.
Two Scholarships ¥2.0 Million each
1. Applicants must:
- Be non-Japanese, non-permanent resident women who will be enrolled in a degree program in a graduate school of a Japanese university from April 2019 to March 2020.
- Be residing in Japan at the time of application.
- Submit an essay in English.
2. The following are ineligible:
- Holders of scholarships greater than ¥1.5 million from any other scholarship programs for the duration of the CWAJ Scholarship. Financial aid and awards from the university where the applicant will study may not be subject to the same limitation.
- Former recipients of CWAJ awards and members of CWAJ.
Period of acceptance
*All applications must be written in English*
Applications must be postmarked between (inclusive)
Monday, October 15 and Tuesday, October 23, 2018.
Application submission by email is NOT acceptable.
Applications must be sent by regular mail or Letterpack Light.
Interviews and Selection
Interviews of the finalists will be held in Tokyo in February 2019.
Candidates should plan to be available during the month when interviews are being held and will be notified at least two weeks in advance if they have been selected for an interview. Applicants will be notified of the results by email and in writing.
CWAJ reserves the right to make its own selections and does not discuss any of its decisions.
Applicants are required to be residing in Japan at the time of their application. We regret, therefore, that we are unable to accept applications from outside of Japan.
For more information about the scholarship program, please send your inquiry in English or Japanese to firstname.lastname@example.org.