The Application Period for the 2020 CWAJ Graduate Scholarship for Non-Japanese Women to Study in Japan is now closed.
We will no longer be responding to inquiries regarding applications for 2020 scholarships. Thank you for your understanding.
The posted applications are for reference only. Applications for the 2021 Scholarships will be uploaded in July 2020.
2020 CWAJ GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP FOR NON-JAPANESE WOMEN TO STUDY IN JAPAN
The Non-Japanese Graduate Program was established in 1981 and supports graduate study in Japan for non-Japanese women who are enrolled in a degree program at a Japanese university. Since then, female students from over 40 countries have benefited from the NJG Program.
Scholarships are awarded based on a candidate’s academic excellence, the quality and feasibility of her proposed study, and her potential to contribute to society. The Scholarship does not impose restrictions on field of study or age.
¥2.0 Million each
- Be non-Japanese, non-permanent resident women who will be enrolled in a degree program in a graduate school of a Japanese university from April 2020 to March 2021.
- Be residing in Japan at the time of application.
- Submit an essay in English.
The following are ineligible:
- Holders of scholarships greater than ¥1.5 million from any other scholarship program for the duration of the CWAJ Scholarship. Financial aid and awards from the university where the applicant will study may not be subject to the same limitation.
- Former recipients of CWAJ awards and members of CWAJ.
All applications must be written in English.
Period of acceptance
- Applications must be postmarked between (inclusive) Tuesday, October 15 and Monday, October 21, 2019.
- Application submission by email is NOT acceptable.
- Applications must be sent by regular mail or Letterpack Light. Any other method will be ineligible.
Interviews and Selection
Interviews of the finalists will be held in Tokyo in February 2020.
Candidates should plan to be available during the month when interviews are being held and will be notified at least two weeks in advance if they have been selected for an interview. Applicants will be notified of the results by email and in writing.
CWAJ reserves the right to make its own selections and does not discuss any of its decisions.
* Applicants are required to be residing in Japan at the time of their application. We regret, therefore, that we are unable to accept applications from outside of Japan.
Application Form (Download)
Home | Scholarship | Graduate Scholarship for Japanese Women to Study Abroad | Visually Impaired To Study Abroad | Visually Impaired To Study in Japan | Current Scholars | Voices from Scholars | Our Scholars